Job Opening: Community Growth Manager
Location: Remote, preference for Chicago or Milwaukee areas
Compensation: $30,000 base + commission and excellent benefits
Commission structure: 20% of revenue from accounts you onboard for their first year, and then 10% of revenue generated from them in the second year. So if you bring in an organization that raises $1,000,000 per year through CommitChange, you will receive approximately $6,000 in the first year and $3,000 in the second year.
Are you passionate about the intersection of nonprofits and technology? Do you want to work for a company actively making tech to create a more equitable, open world?
CommitChange is a small software company that develops open source fundraising technology for nonprofits and social impact groups. Organizations that partner with CommitChange come in all shapes and sizes. Your knowledge of fundraising combined with your communication skills contribute greatly to CommitChange’s growth. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide excellent client service. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of CommitChange and understand how our product can help our users succeed.
At CommitChange, we leave all egos at the door and concentrate on the job at hand. We value passionate, down to earth, “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details, without losing sight of the big picture. We are looking for the someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. We are an inclusive and caring company that values diversity and work-life balance.
As Community Growth Manager you will be responsible for expanding CommitChange’s fundraising activity by recruiting new organizations and helping existing users succeed. Most of your work will revolve around outbound sales, managing referral partners, and ensuring that customers succeed when they use CommitChange.
- Grow CommitChange’s transaction volume by onboarding new organizations and helping existing users exceed their goals.
- Manage relationships with existing referral partners and recruit new ones.
- Represent CommitChange at events as an attendee, speaker, and educator.
- Ensure that new accounts are of high quality, and that their expectations match the reality of our services.
- Research and develop new growth strategies where appropriate.
- Communicate clearly with teammates and adeptly resolve any conflicts.
- Expand CommitChange’s white labeling and custom development services.
- Love hitting the ground and meeting people in activist and nonprofit circles.
- Basic familiarity with open source technologies.
- Comfort with cold sales in person, over the phone, and by email.
- Strong fundraising and nonprofit knowledge.
- Basic proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel, WordPress, and graphic design.
- Full health, vision, and dental or health stipend.
- Free membership to your local YMCA or equivalent health club.
- Travel and education opportunities
- Coworking Space membership
CommitChange is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Position has room for promotion and bonuses based on performance. Please submit coverletter and resume to email@example.com to apply.