Kid Stock is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to helping children develop social and emotional competence through the performing arts. Our primary focus is on childhood development, building confidence in kids, and providing a safe place for kids to express themselves and use their voice.
We use musical theatre as a way to build self-esteem and encourage self-expression in children of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Every child who participates in our programs gets to experience the magic of stepping into a role in one of our original productions without the pressure of an high stakes audition. Throughout the rehearsal process, each child works with our talented and dedicated staff members, many of whom were once Kid Stock campers themselves, to bring those roles to life.
We serve children with a variety of personalities and life circumstances. Some children are shy and withdrawn when they begin our program, and others have a bountiful amount of energy to share. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of each child, embracing his or her potential to grow individually.
By production time, the children feel accomplished and eager to share what they have learned with family, friends, and community members.
Every child should have the chance to be a part of Kid Stock, but the reality is that not all children who participate can do so without financial assistance. Thanks in large part to the generosity of donors we are able to provide that assistance through our scholarship fund and by keeping the cost of camp reasonable for working families.
This past year, we were able to give away 15 full scholarships along with honoring numerous requests for financial aide. Our goal is to double this number next year by making our programs accessible to more families through increasing our established scholarship fund and developing more extensive outreach in communities where opportunities for self expression and social emotional learning are few.
Your generous support will help in covering the costs of:
- Full Scholarships for families in need ($800 each)
- Half Scholarships for families in need ($400 each)
- Operating costs for providing the best teachers in voice, drama, and dance to staff our programs (approximately 40% of operating costs)
- Securing safe locations and obtaining facility insurance for each location (about 30% of operating costs)
- Maintence and year-round administrative needs of the Kid Stock office, including marketing and fundraising (approximately 15% of operating costs)
- Art supplies, set supplies, costumes, props, and other learning necessities for summer camp and in-school programs (approximately 15% of operating costs)
- Sourcing music for our original productions (about $100 per program)
- Daily snack for the children in our programs (about $200-$300 per program)
Your contribution enables us to help youth think creatively, work together in social emotional learning, and walk through life with bravery and imagination. Thank you so much for your support - all donations are tax deductable!
Are you sure?