To celebrate our 30th Anniversary, Child Advocates of Silicon Valley is recognizing six CASA Heroes and Legends whose work has transformed the lives of thousands of foster children in Santa Clara County. They are:
- Nora Manchester, founder of Child Advocates and Executive Director from 1986-1998. Nora served on the Child Abuse Council for over 30 years. Currently, she is Director of the Myra Reinhard Family Foundation. Read her full profile.
- Judge Len Edwards, retired judge who served as Superior Court Judge in Santa Clara County for 26 years. Internationally recognized teacher, trainer and lecturer. Recipient of the William H. Rehnquist award for Judicial Excellence. Read his full profile.
- Ann Whyte, former attorney representing parents in dependency court, longtime CASA Volunteer and employee. Is an Emeritus member of the Child Abuse Council and continues to participate actively on committees. Currently volunteers at Child Advocates as a Mentor, assisting CASA’s with their advocate children. Read her full profile.
- Moe Whitaker, the first CASA Volunteer in Santa Clara County and one of Child Advocates’ first staff members. During his 17 years of service, Moe personally advocated for 61 children in the dependency system. Read his full profile.
- Vilma Pallette,former Board member and Training Coordinator at Child Advocates for five years where she transformed the Volunteering and Recruiting programs to substantially increase the number of CASA volunteers at the agency. Awarded the Presidential National at a White House ceremony in 1985 for her work as Director of Volunteer services for the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. Read her full profile.
- Kevin Gardner, former multi-term Board member for Child Advocates and CASA volunteer who received a National CASA Award for Excellence as board member of the year. Currently serves on several Child Advocate committees and as a Board member with California CASA Association. Read his full profile.
ARE YOU A HERO?
Are you inspired by our Heroes and Legends work? Do you want to be a Hero too? We can make that happen! Become a hero to a foster child by joining our mission. Donate Today by clicking the CONTRIBUTE BUTTON above.
Please write the name of the person or persons in the Dedication section you would like to honor after you complete your donation form. The individual will receive a note that you made a gift in their honor. You can honor more than one person.
Don't see someone you want to honor? You can write their name in the Dedication section after you complete your donation form.